Tuesday 20 January 2009

19.1.09 - part 2

Not much to add tonight as its been a really tough day today. Theo has shown no improvement. I know we should be pleased that there has been no problems but we are aware that time is not on his side, and he needs to heal himself quickly. Mum has been pretty upset most of the day, but as ever, I see a few smiles though the tears whenever she reads her txts - keep em coming! we need them more than ever!
Lucas has been a real star today, he can be a right handful at times (as many of you have experienced) but he has been so so good the last few days. Mum was able to spend some quality time with him this evening which is healthy for both of them.

I took a visit to my GP as I've been suffering from Gout for the last 2 weeks and needed to get it fixed as I'm not walking too well, and driving is pretty painful. Obviously this hasnt been talked about since the birth, as I was getting a lot of sympathy from the nurses, and as you can imagine this didnt go down too well with poor Mum who had a long labour, and then theatre following the delivery! Normally I'd be on the couch in agony, but seeing what Theo is going through, it all seems pretty insignificant. My Mum has already e-mailed to warn me not to drink the Guiness I was prescribed by the hospital (too late!)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Family Welsh, reading this at school and wishing I could see you to give you both a big hug. You are both being so strong through this hardest of hard times. Theo will be fighting on though and sleeping will be letting his little body get back some strength again. We're praying everyday that he improves and that his intestines etc start process of moving through. Love you all loads (all Dicksons and Welshs included) and big high 5s for Lucas keeping on making you all smile. Takes after his Mum, that's for sure. :-) Lots of Love, j&i xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya you lot, so proud of you both - what a fantastic set of parents Theo has fighting for him, and Lucas sounds as if he's being a normal two year old through it all - brilliant! He probably doesn't realise it but he's doing a marvellous job of keeping everyone's spirits up, I'm sure, just by being his wee self.
    Nic, lovely to hear from you and Gary, we always knew when you were writing as the spelling and grammar ..... :)
    You have no idea how many people are willing your wee scrapper on, and praying for him daily. I think that just highlights the high regards in which Theo's maw and paw are held - just remember that, you two.
    Sending loads of love to all, Family Govans xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary and Nic, the blog is an inspiration in itself and having read through each entry for the first time, I am more grateful than ever for everything I have to be thankful for.

    Your wee man sounds like he is putting up an extremely brave fight, perhaps he has got his eye on one of the Nurses or he to wants to see Aberdeen win again, whenever that may be! Although I'm sure he actually just wants to meet his Ma and Pa and wee brother properly.

    They say that if you want the rainbow then you have to put up with the rain and I'll be keeping any eye out for that flash of colour.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you during this very brave journey that you are on.

    Love Kate (Aunty Nic's Kiwi Pal)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nic
    Reading your posts has become part of my daily routine now...and you know, there is so much love and goodwill coming your way, you are right when you say you can feel it carrying you along! The blog is amazing, and you mustn't worry that it's "not upbeat" enough. Your strength and sense of humour come shining through even though you are being put to such a hard test.
    Theo, we are cheering for you!
    Lots and lots of love Jessica, Neil, Z & D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been following your blog since your Dad (Tom) sent me the link. Theo sounds like like a real little fighter - you must be so proud of him. Just take one day at a time and hang in there - you are both being so strong I'm sure Theo will feel that from you. Lucas sounds like a lively 2 year old and he will keep you smiling through all of this.

    The Todd family send all their love and prayers.

    My thoughts are with you all the time. God Bless.

    Much love, Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nic & Gary

    Love the blogs, so good to get your news and now part of my daily routine. All gunning for peerie Theo here! So good to hear of small steps of progress and to know you're both feeling more postive again. Hoping that today sees more signs of Theo getting stronger, and milk made on guiness...who could resist!? I'll remember that one! Take care, sending you all our love and hugs, as ever, jane x x x
    PS Spoke to Andie in Chamonix last night and my cousin Ingrid as well so as you can imagine they are all sending you lots of love and support from their far flung corners as well.

    ReplyDelete