Thursday 22 January 2009

21.1.09


Gary and I visited Theo today while Lucas spent quality time with Aunt Ros and his big cousin Christopher.
Theo was settled again and all his 'stats' are stable and there has been no real change in his care. I think they are probably just trying to keep him comfortable and let him recover from Friday. Their main focus is on getting his tummy used to some milk (which often takes a long time for exomphalos babies) and also trying to reduce his ventilation. They are only giving 1ml an hour and the poor wee thing is trying very hard to tolerate it but you can tell he is feeling a bit uncomfortable and nauseasus like having a really bad hangover (and before anyone posts a comment on who he reminds you of....Gill has already text me with that one so save yourselves!! ;-) He is doing really well though and not bringing it all back up so some of it might be making its way through - it has a long way to go all the way out his body and back in! He was also trying to open his eyes tonight and was definitely responding to our voices.
Daddy read him a story today which I'm sure he loved and it was quite emotional to watch. Gary is just so big compared to little Theo and the difference in their hands is incredible. I just look at them together and hope that one day Theo will be just as tall and handsome as 'man mountain' and will be telling tales of his large scar and how he almost got eaten by a shark!!
We didn't see the surgeons today and they haven't attempted to push the exomphalos down any which I think might be a good sign as they are possibly just letting it do its own thing knowing that they have another plan up their sleeves...I really hope this is the case. I drove through myself this evening and spent another couple of hours with him and read him a few more stories and played some music to him. It is lovely to be able to spend some 'relaxing' times with him and for once I didn't cry!
My friend Emily text me with a lovely thought today - "if so many people are praying and thinking about Theo in America, Australia, New Zealand and Britain then there is probably not a minute when he is not being thought about day and night". A nice thought to leave for this evening :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment